View Single Post
Old 06-24-2009, 10:24 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Abundance

Originally Posted by sojourner View Post
The married son i mentioned in my post who just got married is not an addict. I was just trying to say the nature of cell phones is to fragment which i do not think is a good thing for any relationship - there has to be transparency.

One of the married couples in the friends/family group i go to (husband recovering addict) has been counseled by their marriage/addiction counselor to make a point of checking each other's cell phone details 1) because the wife has to see that transparency because the husband used the cell phone for his addiction and 2) because any married couple should have that kind of transparency in the relationship. I think that is so wise. There is something about a cell phone that is not your own that when it rings, you don't answer it even if it belongs to your family member!! Try it sometime! the person at the other end is shocked! And looking at received calls, etc., of somebody else's cell phone is like opening up their mail! What is with that? I know somebody here will say it's because that number is strictly for the person on the contract - but that does not make it the wisest thing... We don't think of landlines in that way even though only one person's name is on the bill.

Just rambling here...

I TOTALLY and COMPLETELY agree with this!!!!!!!!!!