Old 06-24-2009, 05:40 PM
  # 344 (permalink)  
gneiss
Never settle.

Misty, that's great!

As for how much to tell him, I usually play it by ear. I haven't told anyone in my family as they just can't understand how someone would even try drugs or drink as much as I did to begin with. Besides, in my family 10,000 relatives are worth 1 good friend. I have told a select group of friends and I usually watch them and gauge their reactions as I tell them. I don't want to lay too much on them at once. It's hard to accept for some people, so some get it in bits and pieces. All my friends I have told just said they were worried about me and wanted the best for me and were/are supportive.

As for me this evening has been great! I started out the day having some issues with student financial aid for next semester but they are going to be resolved and it will be just fine. Plus I've gotten a bunch of paperwork done that I've been putting off for ages (stuff like a rental contract... ya know, who really needs somewhere to live? I can live in the lobby of my academic department. The lab has an emergency chemical shower, I'm sure no one will mind! ). So I'm feeling optimistic at the moment, which is amazing since I start to feel crappy when I'm tired and I got about 3 hours of sleep last night. Gah! I need some food, check back in later perhaps.