Old 06-24-2009, 02:20 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Waterman

Originally Posted by kj3880 View Post
Absolutely, give AA a chance to support you! You have a good attitude, better than most who come through the door. It sounds to me like you are ready to do whatever it takes to stay sober, and that is a good part of the battle right there, your willingness. I live on the Chesapeake bay as well, on the MD side, but I can tell you that in this general area, and where I'd bet you are living, there are also many daytime AA meetings. I'm an NA person basically, but I go to AA during the day because there are no NA meetings during the day here, only in the evening. You AA'ers are so lucky. So many more meetings to choose from.

Even here in MD bay area, we have about 5 AA meetings at noon every day to choose from. And if you look at the schedule, there are also lots in the morning, you might like, too, although I prefer noon when I'm working evenings, as I can sleep in a bit. If you add in some more on your days off, you can get to as many as you might possibly need.

But meetings aren't the only thing you get at AA. Generally, you make a lot of sober friends that you'll be able to call when the going gets tough. You might find a sponsor, too. Someone who you can really get close to, and who can help you go through your step-work, which is vital to getting at the roots of your drinking. Some of the men in AA will be able to give you some good suggestions for you to help your wife get through your early recovery, which is a difficult time in any marriage.

I agree on encouraging your wife to go to Alanon. They don't have as many meetings, but it might help her and you.

Love,
KJ
Thanks, KJ! I'm actually not on the coast, and my name may have fooled a few. I am, however, in the h2o business and live in the country on a farm in central southern Va. Take care!.....