View Single Post
Old 06-23-2009, 04:53 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Believe808
Miracles Happen

Welcome to SR NewHorizon. I went to rehab but not for that long. To me, rehab was wonderful, I got to think only about me and my recovery. It was the first time in my life that all outside nuisances were gone and I got to really search my soul for all those things that were causing me problems my whole life. I believe that rehab is a wonderful experience as long as you are really serious about getting sober. I also think its great you are going to 5 AA meetings a week. I go to 2 a day since I got sober, and that's where I am able to face people and make friends. I use to isolate all the time when I was drinking/using and never thought people would even like me, my life is so different now, people care about me and I care about them. I don't isolate anymore, I got a home group (really 3 home groups) and there they all know me, they know if I am not in a good space, if something is wrong with me. I also got myself a sponsor right away and started working the steps. Doing the right things is what has helped me not pick up a drink and start living life the way it should be lived. Good luck with your getting sober, you seem to be attempting to do the right things. Believe me, you cannot believe how great life is being sober, even with all the ups and downs.