Old 06-23-2009, 10:52 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
keithj

Whoops. Guess it was me. I couldn't agree more with you on the topic, Dog. I regularly have to remind myself that I'm no longer running the show. It's amazing how easily I can forget that. And what a difference it makes when I actually follow the directions. Despite my morning ritual of thinking about my day and asking that my motives be divorced from self-seeking, dishonest, or selfish motives, I still get agitated from time to time. And I get doubtful and fearful. When those things happen, I ask God for direction. Nothing more simple or more complex than that.

For the past few months, I've really focused on trusting my mental faculties. That means after seeking direction from a higher power, I try not to stay in that uncertainty. I try not to second guess, but rather trust that my thinking is on a higher plane.

So, it kind of is that simple for me. Can't tell you the number of times a guy I'm working with has called with some crisis, and I tell him he sounds agitated and ask him if he has paused. Hmmmm. Never thought of that.

I appreciate your willingness to communicate.