Old 06-23-2009, 09:50 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
McGowdog

Originally Posted by keithj View Post
McGowdog, what's up?.
Thanks Keith. I was a little put off by your seemingly oversimplified answer. I've been doing 10th Steps for 16 years. I'm not waiving that in an egotistical way either. The point being, I was just trying to engage in "conversation" of "what are you doing today?" How's it going with prayer and meditation? What's your current experience? What's working? What's not?

I feel like I spilled my guts out and gave an honest current testimony to the Power of God. I got put on part time, my mom and dad were told they will work 5 hour days and we all lost our insurance, vacation, 401K bennys, etc., but I was able to walk away from that meeting with relief.

I 10th Stepped it walking in and was frankly glad we weren't told to pack our stuff and go home. We still have jobs... albeit less pay. Failure isn't much of an option, as my brother is the owner and my parents are too old to find jobs elsewhere and too poor to retire.

So I paused when agitated or doubtful. I prayed for the right thought or action.

When I saw your post, it seemed like a lecture to "keep it simple" or something.

I'm sorry if I took it the wrong way.

Patrick.

Originally Posted by Rob B View Post
If you have a problem, send me a pm and we can work it out, or better yet put my name in column one. I like you Patrick, I hope you know that.
Thanks Rob. It's all good. We just found out we had no water today and got paranoid that it was because we hadn't paid the bill yet. Turned out it was just a temporary stoppage.

I'm just punchy lately. I feel paranoid. I feel like people are attacking AA, attacking people who have guided me and shown me, and they seem to do it with malice. Not you guys! I know we are headed for the same goal and live with the realization that we're all one. We're all connected and when I hurt, we all hurt. When you hurt, I hurt.