View Single Post
Old 05-17-2004, 09:38 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  
tryinagain
Hopefully Healing Up

Its Roy

Originally Posted by jayzuma
I have been watching in horror what Roy is going through and I dont mind
saying Im scared to death. I have the things he's talking about and I have not even quit yet! Also,Im having a pretty good day today(mild in comparison to bad days) but I still lost it in sorrow of what he's going through and what I am about to go through. I was going to post something on his thread but there is nothing I can say that will help him.
Im just horrified right now!
---J
Jay,
I am so sorry that my situation has seemed to be more of a hurt than a help. It is a scary thing and one to be taken very seriously. I will tell you that I just finished day three and am 30 minutes into day four and the shakes are subsiding, I can see clearly, type about 60 wpm, concentrate, eat and I think I may even get some sleep tonight. I made it through the workday without a hitch and actually felt comfortable driving today. I have a headache and slight shakiness but that is about it. There is light on the other side and I am living proof. I just did it my way and never meant to scare anyone but actually it is good that I did. Now you see the seriousness of the options that you are facing but I am getting well and almost over that stuff never to go back. I journal this so that someday if I am dumb enough to think that I can take a drink, I can read back and remember the fear and horror that I went through. I meant for it to be a good thing only and I really needed the support. But see, I am here typing faster than most typists and doing fine. You will get there too, I am sure of it and life is so much better on the sober side, shakes and all!!
Prayers and Hugs,
Roy