View Single Post
Old 06-22-2009, 07:23 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  
Chamabama

I wouldn't drink NA beer, but then again, I'm not a fan of beer period.

I am a fan of wine, but I have no plans to sip grape juice in a wine glass anytime soon. Nor do I order the virgin martini's offered at our local happy hour spot (and not just because $7 is outrageous for a martini glass full of juice).

For me, it's about changing my habits. My sobriety is way too new for me to be doing the same old things in a slightly different manner.

That's not to say that I'll never have a champagne glass full of non-alcoholic sparkling cider at a wedding. But certainly not right now. That's just me.

Something I find interesting: Some of you may be familiar with dram shop laws (I used to bartend). Basically, if a bartender serves alcohol to someone until they get drunk, and then that person goes out and hurts someone (usually via drunk driving), the bartender/establishment is liable. One of the many reasons that a responsible bartender will cut people off.

Here's the interesting twist. If a patron comes into the bar already drunk, we can't serve them alcohol, and we CAN'T serve them non-alcoholic beer or we become liable. A single O'douls or Sharps served to a drunk person puts us in the line of fire because it does have alcohol. I guess this law wouldn't apply to the truly 0% beers. I don't know. I just find it interesting.