Old 06-21-2009, 01:53 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
praiseHim

Have counseling tomorrow and need some suggestions/thoughts

So I have counseling tomorrow. I posted in my other thread that my dh is an alcoholic and we are seperated after 12 years of marriage. We've been to 3 sessions together of marriage counseling. I've stated in counseling and also on the paperwork that our main issues are the addictions that he has and trust issues. Well, she is giving us stuff on communication and listening and we have worked some on that, but I feel that unless the addictions are dealt with it is all pointless. Well tomorrow, I have an appt. with her by myself. I'm going to state this again and ask her for suggestions or what she thinks would be helpful with this, or practical things I can do for myself. I feel like she isn't taking the addictions seriously because she doesn't back me up in counseling that the addictions need to be dealt with, because of course he is giving all the excuses in counseling too.

If she doesn't take me seriously tomorrow about the addictions, should I quit the counseling and find someone else? Should I continue?

I'm frustrated with the counseling and feel it is going no where.