View Single Post
Old 06-21-2009, 09:28 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
firestorm090

The cheap seats.

Ever went to a ball game and sat way up in the bleachers, I've done that many times. I used to say, "hey, this is where the fun is at, the real party, and the view is great....... btw, can you pass the binoculars?" The real reason I chose the cheap seats is because, unlike those in the front row, I had blown all my money at the bar while shooting pool, hanging out with the town drunks, listening to drinking songs on the ole jukebox, and when I was done, I couldn't afford a good ticket up front, so I'd buy a ticket for the cheap seats, again. All along, while watching the game, I'd blame my seat on not making enough money, not being privileged like those "other guys" you know, the ones who didn't go to the bar and blow all their money. I'd hide this feeling under the guise of "this is where the real party is, this is our place, we're not like those stuffed shirts down there behind home plate, we're the ones who know really know how to have a good time."

One of the problems with the cheap seats is that you always have the risk of a bird flying over and crapping on your head.

I'm saving my money for the front row next time. The view is much better.