View Single Post
Old 06-17-2009, 08:22 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Believe808
Miracles Happen

Congratulations on your 1 week Sober NTS that is great!!!! You sound so positive.

Originally Posted by Newtosoberlivin View Post
Wishing I could celebrate this with the group that I love love! However, my daughter is off from school for the school year and I don't think it appropriate at all to bring her with me to a meeting (she's a very precocious nine year old girl), even though several folks have told me it would be fine.
There are a few kids at my meetings especially Sat morning where they bring something to play with and a snack and they do well. And some younger boys run around but the meeting goes on. Maybe give it a try. I always brought my son many years ago, and he was a devil, ha ha but no real problems.
Must keep up with my meetings!!!!! They are proving to be the MOST important part of this girl's recovery, handsdown!!!
Yeah I have to agree, my meetings are my lifeline right now. Very important to my recovery.

Just wanted to share!! I'm feeling pretty happy and looking forward to this new way of life, living sober and enjoying every beautiful day, noticing the nature and all the beautiful things in life that I was previously too wasted to notice or appreciate. God is good. You are all wonderful!! God bless!!!
You brought a smile to my face. Yes Sobriety rocks!!!