View Single Post
Old 06-17-2009, 12:24 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
BlueFraser

What to do tomorrow morning?

I called my wife from work yesterday afternoon. One sentence into the conversation I suspected she was drunk or upset about something. I left work right away to get home. When I got home she had just returned from picking up my 8 year old from swim team. I asked her to take the breathalyzer I picked up last week: .18
I asked and she gave me the rest of the bottle of vodka she had been drinking.
I shuttled my boys to the rest of their activities, fed them dinner and eventually put them to bed.
Now I'm trying to figure out what to do tomorrow.

It's been getting worse in the past few months. Some counseling, some AA, but things just seem to get worse.
We've been married for 15 years. Went I first met her she was a binge drinker - 1-2 times per year. 12 years ago a DUI seemed seemed to have motivated her to stop drinking too much. Then, came 5 years of addiction to pain killers. Last year was clean as far as I know, but then since February drinking has been really bad.
I feel like I'm stuck in a re-run. On about a 2 week cycle of relapsing, but I'm not really sure if she is making it that long.
I found an AI Anon meeting I will try to attend over lunch tomorrow.
My wife is amazing in so many ways and I love her, but I am passed what I can take now.
I just don't know what to do tomorrow morning.

I'm sorry to have rambled on. thanks for this forum and all the people posting on it, I have just been blown away by how many people have stories so similar to mine.