Thread: Consequences
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2009, 07:52 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Teggie

Yesterday evening I had to ask him to watch son for a couple of hours so I could go to alanon. The girls were with thier dad & in hindsight I should have just took him with me.

I got home and he & son are over at a neighbors house. I had to call at 1030 to get son home. So when he dropped son off I had to open my mouth and ask what he'd been doing over there this whole time? Watching tv was the answer.

It started an absolutley useless discussion about nothing. He says he has only been taking his meds as prescribed and has not done any extras or smoked pot since he left. That I don't understand that he has to take meds for his chronic pain to function but admitted that he can't control them. Supposedly he is on the waiting list for rehab.

I told him I have never said he didn't have chronic pain but felt like he is one of those peeps who can't take narcotics because he will not control them. That he crosses that line between pain managment & getting high. I said I can't beleive whether he is telling the truth or not because he has lied so much. And I brought up all he has done, the lies, the pawning stuff, the stoned behaviour etc etc etc.
I said there are options that he needs to look into but I could'nt live with him the way he is. That it would just happen again & again. He wasn't gorked out but I could tell by his pupils he had something in his system whether it was prescribed meds or whatever.

He denies he was so stoned the day after he stole the pills while everyone was asleep. When I saw with my own eyes how stoned he was. He wants me to think I am imagining things or going crazy.

Totally useless conversation. I should have known better. Is he really that stupid? Or thinks I am?

Like to to reason with a wall. I should have known better.

Teggie