View Single Post
Old 06-16-2009, 07:46 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Charmie

hello billy.there is reasoning behind the 90 meetings in 90 days! i didnt quite manage that but not far off,,if your head is anything like most folk when they arrive at AA they dont know their ar$e from their elbow,,like carol said,half a meeting is not enough to make the descision that you dont like it and its not for you just yet.im new in recovery also but have a sponsor and im working the steps and your expecations and WANTS/NEEDS change.i can understand what you are saying about the sad stories but they are there for identification,so you dont forget how bad it was or how bad it WILL get.i was frustrated the other week because i was at meeting and it was a lot of drunkalogs,,but then i had to give myself a talking to,,i dont have much choice with meetings here,,so i decided to travel further afield,,and whatever i think of the meeting i have to remember our primary purpose,which is to help the still suffering alcoholic.so thats what i do at this meeting now,,pass the message.dont give up who you are but just be mindful and considerate of other people,,and start doing the opposite to what you think/want!,,it works if you work it,im living proof as are many other people!!! sorry if i sound bossy! these are just suggestions of course,,i wish you well and keep us posted.