View Single Post
Old 06-16-2009, 07:22 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Ago

I don't know if it's actually an excuse, but you will notice an alcoholic always has a "plan" that requires a few other people and things "falling into place", like, this needs to happen, then that will happen, then I will ask X for Y, and when things go awry, as they always do, they blame the failure on X,Y and Z, not the fact they needed some complicated "plan" to do something as simple as pay the phone bill.

If you point out the fallacy of that reasoning, like, you know, if you didn't drink all your money and just budget for the phone bill they will look at you like you are crazy.

Originally Posted by hydrogirl View Post
Hmmmm....I'll have to print this out and let my fiance read it as it pertains to both his AS and his late AW. Thank you so very much for sharing this.

HG
That reminds of the introduction to "Codependent No More" I think, I was reading it and it said, "If you are reading this for yourself, you may be a codependent, if you are reading this for someone else you are definitely a codependent"

I was like DAMMIT!!!!!I am SO busted. I was TOTALLY reading it for "someone else"

So I would add that for me to Bookwyrm's list

11. Reads and brings "helpful" literature for others