View Single Post
Old 05-16-2004, 09:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
stressedout

Unhappy will it ever end

Hi, everyone,
I just want to say that this is a wonderful place to get lots of good info and not to feel so alone.
I guess,and if Im worng please tell me, maybe Im not getting the whole picture. my H isnt in recovery, but he has cut down his drinking alot,he now believes he can control it.still drinks and drives. I have pretty much detached myself from him.I dont go with him when he drinks,cuz if I do he drinks twice as much cuz I drive. I guess what Im wondering is, so many people spend a good deal of their life detached from their A,then they have to endure the ,hatefulness and attitude of recovery,then the A has to detach from you to focus on themself to get better along with their entire support group and most of the time that doesnt enclude you....then to top it all off,its our fault. when does it end? do you ever get to be important again? with a A in treatment what are the sucess rate for recovery and the marriage to remain intact? does the person you fell in love with ever return? I guess Im just searching for a thread to hold on to.