View Single Post
Old 06-15-2009, 08:03 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
firestorm090

Finally, a "light bulb" moment of clarity!!

I've been thinking, as many here have stated, that my "alcoholic mind" has been talking to me, and when I'm feeling better, my "other mind" is talking to me. Actually, we only have one mind and right now mine is an "alcoholic mind" because how could it be anything else after so much booze for so long. In effect, All of my thoughts are alcoholic to some extent at this time. What a bummer. However, the realization that all of my thinking is presently suspect leaves an awful lot of room for growth, so as polluted as my mind may be, it's the only one I have and is the only one I need to change. That's refreshing, I was beginning to think I was a Jeckle/Hyde kinda guy, but in reality I'm just one sick drunk trying to stay sober, regardless of my thoughts. It's the actions that count and for now, I'm not drinking tonight, and as tyler, suggested, I may play some more cards, lots of cards, before this is all better.

I have found though, and please forgive my honesty, that reading the BB is one sure way of drifting off to sleep. Sorry, it just works that way for me for now.