Thread: Consequences
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2009, 08:50 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Teggie

Consequences

I am not enjoying this at all.

Kicked AH out 1 & 1/2 weeks ago. He was supposed to take his meds as prescribed for his chronic pain and was supposed to fill out papers for rehab.

I caught him getting into them redhanded. I took them away and said he couldn't have them, I had paid for them and I wasn't giving them to him. He waited till everyone was asleep and found them. That was the final straw for me & I made him leave. He took his stuff but convienantly forgot the AA book & rehab papers.

He moved into the crappy garage apt next door but ended up moving his stuff back into his shop out back 4 days later because the landlord wanted money and he didn't have it. He doesn't have a job due to his bad back & neck and does handyman type work sporadically.

He came to the door a couple of days ago and asked what did he need to do to fix this. I said he needed to figure that out. I basically told him he could'nt have the drugs and a family too. He asked me for his AA book & rehab papers, I give them to him & then I shut the door on him and he left.

He calls me the next day & says he called the rehab place but doesn't know if he'll go because he can't take his prescribed meds there and feels like he won't be able to deal with the pain. I don't say anything & end the call.

Since then he has been spending time with our son, took him to church yesterday (he needs to spend a helluva alot of time there!) took him fishing, yadayada. He tells son he is taking meds correctly. Yah, whatever.....

Yesterday I catch son in the kitchen making a sandwich. I ask him what he is doing, he tells me he's taking it to his dad because he hasn't eaten in 2 days.

Geez, wth..... I guess I should have seen that coming. I don't doubt he is hungry. Whatever money he has made I'm sure he'll say went to gas or food anything but pills & pot.

My mom is afraid I will let him back because I won't be able to stand him going hungry or living without ac in the texas heat. That I'll feel sorry for him being unable to make enough money to live on.

But I know, if he has no plan to stop or recovery in place it will happen all over again. Living here with us with me paying the bills & buying the food makes it convient for him to do what he wants to do.

I just need some support. This is hard.

Teggie