View Single Post
Old 06-14-2009, 10:05 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
laurie6781
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

I would suggest that for right now and the next few months, concentrate on finding and maintain sobriety. Some of the other things, ie depression may disappear as it has with many alcoholics.

Also, it says right in the BB of AA that sometimes 'professional' help is needed, and thus there is nothing wrong with seeing a therapist while you continue working on your recovery in AA.

Please Keep It Simple and concentrate on the 'primary problem' first, ie the alcohol situation.

Work with your sponsor on the steps. I think you will be pleasantly surprised at how the steps can make things clearer.

Please try not to OVER ANALYZE everything (don't feel bad, we all do it). I don't know about anyone else, but when "I seized fighting" and just started to do what was asked of me, without a lot of "yeah but's" my life got better.

Oh and BTW I am also Bi Polar. That too is now in check .................................. but I had to work on the 'primary problem' first ................................. MY alcoholism.

J M H O

Love and hugs,