Old 06-13-2009, 05:31 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Hevyn
Community Greeter

Hi! Everything you're feeling is perfectly normal. I had huge anxiety & felt like I was going to jump out of my skin those first few days off alcohol. Shaking, sweating, sleeplessness - it all came to an end after a couple days. I went to the dr for something to help me stay calm while I detoxed and he wouldn't give me anything, so I was on my own. (He said my liver had already sustained enough damage.) The good news is, once it's over, that can be it - you never have to go through that process ever again.

I understand how you feel about being so young - but that kind of thinking is what kept me drinking into middle age & leaving a trail of destruction and chaos behind me. That includes ruined health, relationships, 3 DUIs, even a few days in the Womens Correctional Institute. It's important to be careful when withdrawing because your blood pressure will probably shoot up & you could have a seizure or stroke. I don't want to add to your anxiety - I just wish you could see someone or even go to the ER.

Let us know how you're doing - we care & want to help you begin your new life.
Go Yankees