View Single Post
Old 06-12-2009, 05:10 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
mayorob1
Rob From Canada eh!!

Back to staying sober again

Originally Posted by flutter View Post
Welcome! I also wasn't able to stay sober until I was willing to do anything to stay that way. Glad you're looking at your options. I'm not an AA person, but I went to about 5 months of IOP 1:1 counseling, and I'm really happy that I didn't try it alone.. I was never really good at that part
Hi Everyone, I was sober for 4 months back in 2007, then I thought I could drink again. I lost my job in January of this year and found my self with to much time to think even though I renovated my house over the last few months. I would wait for my Wife and Son to leave for the day and then when the beer store opened pick up a six pack of tall boys, drink them during the day and get rid of the cans before they got home. Always felt like a idiot afterwards and usually the next day didn't get much done. The meetings don't really work for me either. And I find that the hardest part for me is just understanding that drinking is not good for me, I say stupid things when drinking, waste so much valuable time (life is so short to be drunk and stupid). I don't want to have any more blackouts and be terrified the next day that maybe I have done something that can't be fixed. Well thanks for listening to me today on day two of being sober.

Talk soon,

Rob