View Single Post
Old 06-11-2009, 10:29 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  
Jules62

Just want to make this clear too....

I don't agree with Tib lying about his sober time.At all.I get the way he sees people earning respect in AA for their 'time' but I still think it's wrong to lie.And the self pity?Well-like this is new to any of us?

Weren't we all like this once and some of us still are that self absorbed.Some here have entire threads dedicated to their every thought/move and I find it self indulgent and unhealthy.It's so intrinsic in alcoholics that we're THAT special, THAT important when in fact?We're so not.We are NOT the center of the universe and the sooner we realise that the better.

I don't care what time you got up in the morning, the housework you did or whether you did-basically-what every other human being on the planet has to do because theyre *gasp* ADULTS!I despair imaging what these people would be like if they had to take care of anything other than their pet gerbil or cat.My god.Grow UP! And it's just SO much worse when we see it pandered to here.You get a medal for dressing yourself and showing up at the computer?Welcome to being 5 years old.Good grief!

I have a lot of respect for AA even if I'm not a part of it.It saved my fathers life.And some of my friends.

What I'm appalled by is how easy it was to so many of you to tell Tib what was wrong with him/what he needed to apparently do....Do you really think he's not aware of what's wrong with him?Seriously?!We carry our shame like a banner....

I thought taking other's inventories wasn't such a good idea?But it seems it's okay here for some reason?

I'm not asking anyone here to enable him?I'm the last person who enables round here.....but crucifying him seemed a little unfair also.

That's all.

Last edited by Jules62; 06-11-2009 at 10:57 PM.