View Single Post
Old 06-10-2009, 07:56 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Benjamin33

Originally Posted by Liberty47 View Post
Who says AA is the only way to get sober? Well, a lot of people LOL. But plenty have gotten sober without- I think one of the problems with AA is the denial of alcoholism as a chronic illness in the sense that "losing your time" is seen as a huge deal. No one flips out when a diabetic slips up and eats a cookie, your relapse is just a bump in the road- sure it was a rough week, but all in all if you've been sober more then you've been drunk in the past year, well than you're a sucess the majority of the time! Find a way that works for you- AA is a component of my recovery, but not the foundation due to the issues I have described with it previously. I've drank maybe 4 or 5 nights in the past year, but in the eyes of AA I'm a failure because I haven't had CONTINUOUS sobriety. Bosh! "If at first you don't succeed, try try again."
Best post in the entire thread. To all the others bashing him about his kid, do you people really think that's going to help him? "Do it for your son" "You suck because you drank and you have a son" Jesus, that kind of sh!t would hurt more than help me.