View Single Post
Old 06-09-2009, 09:05 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
catlady61

Originally Posted by javalvr View Post
It was much easier to be disgusted when he was always drunk.
This I understand!!!!!

It was so much easier to be angry, hurt & disgusted by his drinking. Now things are awkward & scary, not sure what to say, what not to say.

My ABF has been going to meetings & counseling for a year, I am sure only because he was ordered to by court after getting a DUI. However, before that he went to work and to bars every night 5 nights a week. I had already moved out of our bedroom a year before that. So, now its been 2 years living in the same house kind of like roommates, but wishing I could be close to him, while he shows indifference, I know I showed the same for a long time, but now after being caught in a lie last week he admitted he had met someone, but that he has not become deeply involved (no sex) with her.

Still I have been hurt by his words and the insinuation that because I showed anger, indifference and pain and moved out of our bedroom he is saying he thought I did not love him.......... I feel like he is saying those things to make me feel like he was justified in meeting someone new. I wish for my ABF to get better within himself and come back to our life.

I am sure you can coexist especially for your kids. Its hard to do because you both may feel & act like strangers at times . You sound like a strong lady, you will be fine.