View Single Post
Old 06-09-2009, 06:05 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Impurrfect

((Ksplash))

I swore, after my 1st year clean from crack, I would quit smoking. I tried cold turkey, but my heart just wasn't in it, and I didn't make it 2 weeks.

Around the time the cigarette tax went up, a couple months ago, I decided to quit again. For some reason, this time my heart was totally in it. I used the patches, and other than a wierd feeling of "what do I do with myself" for 2-3 days, because almost everything I do was associated with smoking, it wasn't bad at all. I was amazed. I wait tables, and even people at work (who all smoke my brand) couldn't believe I did it and wasn't grumpy.

It's been over 2 months and I haven't had an urge for a cigarette in a long, long time. I live in a house with 2 other smokers, and it doesn't phase me, other than I don't like the smell.

I agree with you, though..I had to WANT to quit...and my mind, heart and gut had to be in agreement. I do know I started out a little bit like I started out with the crack....with the occasional prayer of "could ya make me WILLING to want to quit?"

Hugs and prayers!

Amy