View Single Post
Old 06-07-2009, 08:30 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Freedom1990

Yes, it does hurt seeing someone destroy themselves.

His current living conditions are a direct result of his addiction.

You, on the other hand, have a house, electricity, and food. Those are a direct result of you choosing to live a productive life and be responsible for you and your kids.

I have spinal stenosis and degenerative disc disease. I can no longer work the variety of jobs I have had in the past-all physically demanding jobs that had me on my feet most of the time.

I'm going to be starting my third semester of college this fall. I am seeking training for a career that won't have me on my feet all day, and if I find I still can't handle the physical demands of a work environment, I've chosen a field where work is often 'farmed out' to independent contractors at home (medical billing/coding).

There are options for people with medical conditions that limit their physical capacity to work in certain environments. He's not even willing to fill out the paperwork for rehab, let alone do something about being unemployed.

You keep doing what you need to do for you and the kids! He may eventually seek recovery, and he may not.

He certainly won't while someone is cushioning the fall for him, which you aren't doing anymore.

:ghug :ghug