Old 06-05-2009, 08:44 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Katie09

Originally Posted by thinkaboutit View Post
I know this is really hard - when people act like jerks or jerkettes it's really hard not to buy into it - a good way to get past a troubling relationship is to try dating other people, .... who knows? You might meet a really nice guy! My sister dated a couple of huge jerks, and then the next guy was great! If you keep trying, the odds are your bound to meet a nice one sooner or later. Don't give up.... I think your feeling vulnerable right now...so keep that in mind - just because you've had a 'bad habit' does not lessen your worth! When I'm feeling like that I pop in a fav chick flick like Steal Magnolias, Fried Green Tomatoes or Something to Talk About..... :ghug
Great ideas! For better or worse, I really do have feelings for this guy. I'd sooner knit and watch Golden Girls than date someone else. Plus, let's not forget the guy before him is sitting in jail right now. All in all, if it ain't this guy, it's no one. I'm old by now and just don't see it happening.

Better I focus on my life. As things stand, I have to figure out a whole new career for me. Maybe I'll have to go back to school. In this jobless recovery (if we're recovering at all) I should sure be thinking about finances - hence my elation at getting back $3000 today. I do have credit, but one has to pay that back. I don't mind ramen noodles at all, but at some point I have to think of my future. I ain't no spring chicken any longer. At any rate, in the spirit of Chi's posts - I CAN!!! I am going to put up stickies all over my house saying I CAN!!!

Thanks for your post.