Thread: Class of May
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2009, 09:10 AM
  # 285 (permalink)  
HideorSeek

Good for you to be proactive, Dec! I am getting into memory dimming time as well (16). I started talking Campral which I hope will help. So far it seems to. I've had this scrip for awhile, but hadn't taken it because I thought I was past the physical cravings stage. It is supposed to restore normal brain chemistry, although they admit they really don't know how or why it works. I will say that it seems to do "something". In the last few days, I haven't even considered drinking. I don't know whether to attribute that to fear of consequences, the fact that time is adding up and I don't want to backtrack, or the drug. But the fact that the "impulse (for lack of a better word) is absent, makes me wonder. And IF this drug does do what they claim, doesn't that underscore the theories that there is some elusive, physical component to this disease of ours?

Anyways, hang in there. The thought of a drink and the reality of a drink are two different things and I never seem to remember this until it's too late.