Old 06-05-2009, 08:45 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Katie09

Originally Posted by suki44883 View Post
Why do you continue to have contact with him? I thought you said that he broke up with you? You both have issues to be worked on and from what I've read, the two of you together are a toxic mix. Please, please...get past him and work on yourself. He's not the only guy out there, yanno.
Yes, yes, thanks. I don't have much of a choice but to get past him and work on me now, do I? Still, it just seems so unfair that because of my issues which I freely acknowledge and am taking steps to remedy, that he should come back at me with the vitriol he did. Sure, he wants no unpleasant messages from me but then turns around and does to me what he doesn't want done to him.

I guess this is the other side of the coin from what one reads in the friends and family forum. I often see the addict just getting crucified over there, as if we're subhuman and just don't care for others. In spite of my issues, I do have the ability to love. And even though I am very angry and sad in this moment, if there is someone out there better for him I wish him well.