View Single Post
Old 06-04-2009, 01:43 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
MsPINKAcres
Living in a Pinkful Place

((Dixied))

You did what you thought was the best at the time - Please remember that YOU do not have the power to mess up God's plan. Whether he stays sober or not - it will not be because of anything you did - not because you gave him a car, money or anything else.

BUT what you can look at - or what I should say is what I have learned to do in dealing with my daughter is - if doing something for her makes ME feel uncomfortable later on - if I begin to regret it - then maybe next time I will not do so much.

I try to ask myself "Can I freely give this money, food, clothes, shelter expenses, or whatever and if she relapses tomorrow - will I be ok with what I have done? Or will I beat myself up thinking I have done the wrong thing"

So when my daughter was out of jail last spring - I took her shopping - we had a WONDERFUL day together - I bought her clothes - lunch and we spent the entire day together - It was wonderful - I enjoyed every moment. Less than 4 wks later she had relapsed and was back in jail.

I was glad I had asked myself those questions - I had given what I could give for that day. I didn't give her any money but I had spent money on her - because she's my daughter, I love her regardless and I wanted to. I could live with what I had done with NO regrets.

Honey, it's about what you can do and YOU be ok - not so much about them being ok.

Prayers for you & your family!!
HUGS,
Rita