View Single Post
Old 06-03-2009, 10:34 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
CALYNN

Originally Posted by Tazman53 View Post
Man can I relate to that statement, that was my life, reacting!!!! Now the "Just do" part was actually a pretty key part of my early recovery, in AA there were folks with the knowledge in how to stay sober and my arse was fried on both sides by alcohol so when they suggested I "do" something because it helped them to stay sober I did it! Even though I did not really understand why I did it and like them, I stayed sober!!!

I love that!!!!!

No!!! Absolutely not, they are not "duh", keep in mind that every person here with some time sober remembers being right where you are at now, I encourage you to ask questions and if you do not get an answer get clarification, staying clean and sober is a matter of life and death and when it comes to life and death matters there are no dumb questions.

I like many others here have walked in your shoes, we were in that damn hole with what appeared to be no way out, but some one came along who had found a way out of that hole and they jumped right in with us, took us by the hand and showed us the way they had found out of that hole because someone else had showed them the way out!
Hey, I also do get the "do" part. Unfortunately, my uncle's passing a few months ago is what got me thinking about that. He was a binge eater & drinker and his doctor told him 5 years ago that he might have 5 more years if he didn't "do" anything to get healthy. I remember he told me on his 50th birthday that he was going to quit drinking and go on a diet. Well, he didn't "do" it and 2 1/2 years later we lost him. We all tried to help him with diet tips, etc., but ultimately it was up to him to "do" it and he didn't. I don't want to end up like that. I want to be a "doer".