Thread: SMART f2f...
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2009, 01:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Aysha
Looking For Myself...Sober

SMART f2f...

I worked SMART for a while about a year and a half ago. I really threw myself into it. I attendin online meeitngs every night. I printed all the tools so I could have them at any time.
I also joined the evoice meetings and those were really emotional for me.
I did really well with that program and wish there was a f2f locally.
I recently submitted a request on bringin a f2f meeting to my area. And they sent me alot of info and training times. Lots of support connections.
I would love to be the first to pioneer a f2f SMART meeting in my are. It would be a huge accomplishment for me. I live in the capital district of NY. So I know it would be successful.
I do however need to get some clena time on ym hands before I even attempt this.
So this alone has given me that drive and motivation to do this again. To work toward a real solid recovery again.
Its like I have a purpose. \
I am not sure I will ever get there. But I am goin to try like hell.
If I could do this. It would boost my confidence and haver such a reward for bringing this latrenative to countless others.
I know there alot of others like me that miss out on f2f support because we just dont relate to 12 step.
I cant just fake it till I make it. I need to feel comfortable and 100% content with a program that I am goin to eb workin for the rest of my life.
If I dotn feel it or understand it. No matter how many ways it is explained to me. I am not goin to commit. ANd there for will hurt my recovery. I want to work a program I can be proud of. And that to me has to be somehting I am totally comfortable with and one that I can relate to comletely.
Does any of this make sense?

Amyway. I just wanted to share. I feel god about just workigna program I have faith in again.
I have the motivation again. And that alone is worth it all.

I am also wondering if anyone here works that program as well. And if you have f2f near you and have attended f2f SMART. WHat did you think? I think f2f is crucial for recovery. But i am not goin to do it in a way that isnt true to me and mty beliefs and recovery.