View Single Post
Old 06-01-2009, 05:51 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
gneiss
Never settle.

Oh Viv, you have described me perfectly! My emotions are everywhere, I keep having little meltdowns, crying for no reason and then I'll be fine. And weird paranoid thoughts, as well. Not creepy paranoid, just questioning the motives of everyone around me.

It's a constant stream of thoughts: "why won't he text me, does he hate me? Gawd, it's been ten minutes give him a chance. No, he probably never wants to talk to me again." Or another conversation I've had with myself several times per day for about three days now: "Why did my friend invite me out to New Mexico? Why does he think I should come alone? Why am I even going on this trip, what if he hates me? Oh God, I haven't seen him since I was a teenager, what if I get there and he thinks I'm ugly? He said he wanted to see me and hang out, and give me a chance to get away and forget all this crap, a change of scenery. But... what if I get there and it becomes obvious I've been invited out there for one reason. Or worse, what if he pulls out a fat sack of meth or weed or coke? Calm down, if that happens, you get back in the car and drive home... and lose his phone number somewhere in the desert." I can't interact with people on a normal level without having this running commentary in my mind about what they are up to. It's driving me crazy.

But then, in my world while doing drugs, I kind of had to question motives all the time. Mental hangover perhaps? Same thing with the off-the-wall emotionality, alcohol and other substances numbed me for so long... but months later I still am having trouble reigning in my brain.

Not much help, but at least you aren't alone, Viv!