View Single Post
Old 06-01-2009, 09:04 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
ItsmeAlice

I , too, can't afford a professional's guidance in this process, and I'm really not one to go to Al-Anon meetings, too much of a recluse, I guess.

A method I find helpful is to use the time I'm alone in my car as my processing time. Through the day I write problems down on post-its or on my phone's notepad and I read them before heading out for errands. I find quite a few of the issues that I put on the backburner the day before, resolve themselves before I can spend any time pondering them. The ones that remain relavent are the ones I work on.

It's also the way I "let go and let God." I write him notes.

One post-it read..."Lord, please review {my cat}'s vomit issue. I've given him a hair ball remedy, but he's remaining mum on why he's nauseous." Love, Alice.

The next morning when I went through the notes...I realized the cat wasn't sick anymore so I said a prayer thanking God for fielding that one for me.

May sound silly, but it worked. I did what I could for my little fuzzy love and let go of some worry for the day.

You could try organizing your points of worry more formally in order of what you truly have control over, meaning worrying about the actions of others have to come off the list since you can't control people. Maybe listing a few here (1 through 10) for input would be helpful to you.

best wishes,

Alice