Old 06-01-2009, 06:31 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
serenityqueen
Attitude of Gratitude

I have to agree with Charmain, I'm not going to get into where and how I hid my bottles. I haven't read your earlier post, but I will take CarolD's word for it when she said you are seeking Sobriety. Perhaps this is your way of trying to admit you have a problem and also need to know that by hiding your drinking, you are no different than anyone else. When I first admitted I was an alcoholic and addict, it was really comforting to know that I wasn't by far the only person who did the things I did.

I thought that I was being so secretive about my using, but I wasn't. Nearly everyone around me knew that I had a serious problem with alcohol and drugs. When I finally got the courage to admit to those close to me that I am an alcoholic and addict, most simply said, "I know! I've known for a long time now!"

I hope you'll keep posting, sharing & reading different threads. SR is a wonderful support system, but I strongly suggest getting some f2f support as well. Have you went to any AA Meetings? Many people say that AA isn't for them and then come to find out, they never went to any Meetings at all or if they did, it was only one or two. IMO, I think anyone who wants help with a drinking or drug problem should give AA or NA a chance. Go to a Meeting everyday for a month. Then make your decision. The first several Meetings I went to, I felt uncomfortable at first. This is our disease trying to keep us from getting clean & sober. I spent well over an hour a day getting my drugs and alcohol and trying to cover my tracks.

God Bless,
Judy