View Single Post
Old 05-29-2009, 01:52 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
livnfrme

Originally Posted by Barbara52 View Post
My comment was based solely on what you posted right here. IMO your child is being neglected when at his father's and is in a potentially dangerous situation there. If you only found out about it, I am glad you are ready to put a stop to it.

I feel so much empatahy for the kids who suffer becasue of a parent's alcoholism having been thru it myself. And yeah, I did indeed know something was very young age, certainly before I went to kindergarten.

I am not attacking you. I just want your son to be protected as much as possible.
Thanks Barbara. I was just thinking maybe I need to do some work in communication is all. I have just stopped it. Yayyy. Dad has been told that our son will only be with me during the week, and will get to visit him on Saturday and Sunday for eight hours a day. That way our son get's a good period of time with dad, and I am responsible for baths, school work and all the important stuff.

Maybe then with dad going to meetings five nights a week and still going to a couple meetings on the weekends it will free up more time for his own recovery. Not really my problem but if I am to support our son, I am to support his dad as well with his program.