View Single Post
Old 05-29-2009, 01:05 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
livnfrme

Originally Posted by Freedom1990 View Post
There is more to neglect than just physical. You said his teacher even notices the difference in him depending on which parent he's with for the week. You said he is faltering in school. That is an indication that something is very wrong, and we're not talking about the gas being shut off.

You are the only voice your son has. His father certainly isn't going to look out for his son's best interests.
I couldn't agree more. Thank you for that response. I feel quite upset with the fact that the courts do not recognize the emotional state of the child. Well they do but it takes lots to prove it.

I wonder to what extend he should be faltering in school and when that means to take action. Anytime a child goes through a signifigant change in their lives it will cause them to backslide somewhat. As to how much they backslide and for how long determines how much risk they are at I think.

I am not happy that the teacher has not let me know until very recently about his issues. She let me know last week she has seen a change in behavior, but that is to be expected. I saw with my own eyes today the change when he is at school. I am not happy the teacher has not let me know the extent of the change until today when I came to her with it.