View Single Post
Old 05-29-2009, 12:42 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
livnfrme

Originally Posted by Freedom1990 View Post
It sounds to me like the current arrangement of him having your son every other week is doing a lot of damage to your son.

I'm not sure how having a utility such as gas shut off and not being able to bathe him constitutes being a responsible parent.

Is this a legal custody agreement the two of you have?

I wouldn't hesitate for a moment to put a screeching halt to the current visitation if it were my child.
Dad moved out of the home two months ago and he has been taking our son weekly since then. This is the first week I have noticed such a change. I am not sure what is going on but a halt is exactly where things are at now.

I am in control of visitation according to court papers so I have no problem with taking over day to day care of our son.

The gas thing is ridiculous. We have two houses for our business and we have had for a while. At the house I live in the gas account was in his name until yesterdy. The gas account at his house was in my name. The gas company made switching it quite difficult for the past two months. The other companies were fine with all the switches when I did those. Yesterday he told me his gas was cut off. I was not happy as he would not communicate with me who was taking care of each gas company and paying of the bills at each. I have taken over all of the finances just recently cause he was spending lots of money on alcohol and pot for the last four months and I got sick of it.

I didn't worry about it anymore and just left it until he let me know what he thought should be done. He called the gas company I guess and made a payment arrangement for June 1st for the house I live in, didn't tell me and went with his own understanding of the situation. I didn't make any calls regarding my account at the house he lives in. His gas was cut off and he is angry with me. I let him know if he had communicated to me what he did, I would have known my part and would have done what was required. He will only communicate with me if he wants money. Now he is angry with me about his gas getting cut off. I tried to discuss it with him on numerous occasions but he wouldn't so I left it.

Yesterday I pushed the situation hard with the gas company, talked to a supervisor and explained the circumstances.

The current court order says he can have supervised visitation but I had to speak to my lawyer a few days ago to see if it would still be in effect after we reconcilled. It is still in effect so I think that is the way I am going to go.

I want him to see dad, but today is the first time I have seen neglect. One other time his toe nails weren't cut, his hair and the underneath of his nails were dirty. That is hardly enough to cut off visitation though.