Thread: The first 100
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2009, 03:55 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Charmie

please someone correct me if i am wrong (im sure you will!) but it was a little more than bill and bob meeting,,wasnt it ebby.t. that met the phsycologist carl jung and got the idea for a spiritual solution and then passed this on to bill? this could seem like a divine intervention as ebby.t. was supposed to be meeting with sigmund freud,,if this had been the case then AA probably would not have exsisted or we would all be a bunch of alkis blaming our alcoholism on our parents! so,,it was culmination of things,inc the oxford group that was the begining of AA.and only one man had all the elements in his possesion.bill.w. remember mr recovered alcoholics that i am not long on the programme and therefore still learning (as i always will be) but i dont believe in coincidences after hearing this story! its a great story! im off topic now anyway,,the meetings i go to in the north of scotland have been great for me from the begining,however as i move along in the programme and im getting a better awareness i find a lot of them lacking,,but that is my problem i believe.so what i do is travel alot instead.we went on a 90 mile round trip the other night and collected someone else along the way,it was a great meeting,back to basics and it was all about step 1.i have started picking and choosing meetings now,but saying that there is some good sobriety around and even if it is just one person at that meeting then i find it worthwile.please dont say things like AA dying! ruh roh,,,i wasnt going to go back to a regular lunchtime meeting i have attended since going to AA because of a couple shares last week.but i did and lo and behold a newcomer came today.i gave her my number and she rang me today,so we will see what happens there.anyway im coming to the states for a month on the 20th of june and im looking forward to attending many meetings there! i have asked about a little and hopefully will be recommended some good meetings,and any suggestions from you guys would be great.good thread by the way.thanks.i apoligise for going sooooo off topic! wasnt bill.w. a real womaniser too? lol