View Single Post
Old 05-27-2009, 03:16 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Hilltopper1972

So I read about alcoholics and hypoglycemia and I'm now fairly certain most of us suffer from this on different levels. Our bodies, especially livers, don't process sugar(alcohol) and alcohol the same as when they did the first part of our drunken lives. Not sure about you, but if I drink a lot, I blackout and get obliterated much more easily than I did a few years back. My hangovers got worse. I attribute this to the fact that my liver and body couldn't process the alcohol and get rid of it like a normal person. On top of it I filled my body up with sugar which caused a whole host of other problems. I drank moderately on Sat and I felt drowsy and tired for 2 days.
On a good note I started eating 6 meals a day, complex carbs only(whole wheat, brown rice, etc), protein every meal, especially a cup of cottage cheese before bed and I feel none of those things at all now. I have energy, my mood is better, more motivated, etc. The best part is I lost 7 lbs in those 4 days as well. Part of it is water loss, but I can feel and see my midsection is smaller. Gym is consistent with weight lifting. Talk about awesome and something to be somewhat excited about.