View Single Post
Old 05-24-2009, 06:02 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Ananda

high blood preasure, dry skin, diabedics, pancreatitis, swolen ankles, diarea, scratching, low potasium to the point of being life threatening, magnesium low, infections (anitbiotics not effective when drinking), vomiting, low blood sugar, too week to walk more than 2 feet without support.

I doubt thats everything but you get the drift.

most cleared up within the first year...the pancreatitis caused the diabetics, and i am fortunate that the pancreatitis appears to have cleared up...only one episode about 3 weeks ago and before that had been at least 6 mos.

Dr. says i will probably be off the bloodpreasure meds pretty soon and my A1 results were spectacular on the diabedics.

I was told that if i drink i can expect all of this back in very short order...i don't have another 8 year binge left in me. And the damage may not be reversable if i try this again.

I feel lucky (in a wierd way) when i have a strong desire to drink, i am able to remember how bad it really was....and i don't ever want to live my life the way i did those last years.....i think the thought of that is just more unbearable than anything life could throw at me today.