View Single Post
Old 05-24-2009, 12:24 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Katie09

Physical symptoms?

There is no better place to ask this than in this forum. I am wondering if anyone has had physical symptoms due to their drinking and if they reversed. I am not talking about a hangover or vomiting (I can only *wish* alcohol had that kind of effect on me, but it doesn't.) For some reason my genes are programmed to handle enormous quantities and I never get sick - in the traditional sense.

Anyway, I am doing the best that I can, but am falling short of the mark. Lately my left foot swells on a regular basis. I know it could be something very bad and I know the thing to do is to not drink one drop. For some reason I want to be in denial. It's the craziest thing. Here I am in an IOP preceded by in-patient and I cannot seem to get a handle on this thing. Maybe I need to go back in-patient, but where does a person like me go? Perhaps I am just truly addicted, like with cigarettes. I will push on and see what happens in terms of my IOP. Maybe I am a hopeless case, however. There are those out there and maybe I am just one of them. I am not making an excuse, but for some it just seems to be reality. I hope I am not one of them.

At any rate, have you dealt with complications that arise from drinking too much?