Old 05-22-2009, 08:30 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
TakingCharge999
A jug fills drop by drop

Hi spirited,

Just wondering how you are doing...

Perhaps I am "the milder one" around here, but if the breakup is recent, of course "moving on" and "letting go" will take time.

When I was in your shoes a friend told me feelings are not right or wrong, they are just feelings. Acceptance, moving on, letting go of a person you were once close with, take time, take healing and take releasing all the feelings that come with mourning.

And of course it hurts when you are in the first mourning stages and the other person is already going out with someone else! When I heard that I felt so hurt, immediately replaced, as if the relation had meant NOTHING AT ALL to him, etc. etc. those feelings are natural.

spirited, I hope you find all these posts are because we care about you... in my case these overwhelming feelings were because I had lack of affection from my dad and I was expecting partners to give me that love. Now that I am focusing on the root of all this I find I am feeling healthier... perhaps its not this guy, or these last events in particular that hurt you, but something deeper inside your heart and your memories.

I hope you keep posting, it helps not to store your feelings inside. What helped me was writing all I felt regarding ex, without any censorship, then burning the papers.

Also, as I work with ex AH I saw him with his new gf after a week from the breakup, have had to see him everyday, work/ interact with him, and usually I met them both while walking after the office, while driving or other times as we live closer.

It was not easy, but regardless of that today I feel really good about myself, I think I would have healed much faster if I did not have reality infront of me daily reopening my scars. But know you will feel better and stronger day by day, and this is a chance for you to learn about the role you played here, YOUR 50%.

Approach your close friends, family and all the "support artillery", take yoga, if you feel like crying CRY, crying releases toxins and is good for you, I wish I had looked for others help instead of crying my heart out alone during those difficult times. I hope you have the strength to reach out, now when you need support the most.

((hugs)) I am here if you need to talk.