Thread: a little girl.
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2009, 04:15 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
katie53

Question a little girl.

As you knowI have guardianship of a 14 yr.old and a 21/2 yr. old. When I got the 2 yr.old she was 8 months old, she will be 3 in October. From the beginning I had a friends of the family help me with her as I own a hair salon and put in long hours,As time went on they offered to keep her with them Tues . thru Sat. then I would pick her upy on Sat until Mon. eve. They would not take any pymt. This couple has beeen a part of my family for many years as they babysat my nephews who are not 18 and 21. Truth is I would love to have them adopt her as they were not able to have children on their own. They love her so much and she is very happy with them. my daughter not the father has provided for her all this time. Mom is on probation for 3 yrs, wtih a felony, absent from crack but no recovery program.I want to discusss with her mom but am afraid to. I think she realizes that she will never be able to provide for her. Should I go to the family court and order child support or let it go, I feel this child deserves to have a home and not just being in limbo like this for ever. Where do I begin?