Thread: Xanax hangover?
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2009, 12:08 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Puddy

Originally Posted by JustJohnny View Post
I do not exceed my Dr. prescribed dose of xanax, but lately I have been feeling kind of over medicated during the day time.

I feel dizzy, tired, headachy, and drugged.

I'm trying to figure out what might be causing this and I did a google search for xanax hangover and it seems there is a lot of discussion on this. Does anyone have any experience with xanax hangover?
Hate to have to tell you this, but Xanax and all benzos were originally designed to be prescribed for no more than 3 or 4 weeks. Longer term benzo users develop a tolerance, and a benzo tolerance and eventual withdrawal is like no other drug withdrawal experience. Even heroin - I don't care how much heroin someone has shot up, you ain't kicked nothin til you've kicked long term benzos.

It appears benzos have been prescribed long term now for people, which never should have happened. The reasons for this are various.

I was prescibed benzos for 5 years, they turned on me and began making me deeply depressed, I had to jump off them. And I wasn't gobbling or abusing these things.

It's now just over nine months later and I can still feel the withdrawal. The first 5 months were hard, then the subsequent 3 months were even worse, this past month seems to finally be evening out.

For some positive news, some long term benzo users escape virtually unscathed.

But some have to go through pure hell.

Take benzos at your own peril. And if you've been on them for awhile, please google Ashton Manual for guidance on how to withdraw from these VERY DANGEROUS DRUGS safely.