View Single Post
Old 05-21-2009, 11:56 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Horselover

Never having been to something like that I would venture to guess it isn't as "bad" as a PG-13 movie would be for your children. I doubt your children will be used as a prop because what would they have to gain by making your wife feel some sort of remorse about her past. Remorse is not a healthy emotion for an alcoholic to feel any ways.

I still am unclear as to whether its just your wife with the problem with alcohol or if you also have a problem with alcohol. If you had cleared that point up previously then forgive me. I thought you had said this was an equal problem for the both of you, but it seems as though you are pointing the finger at her. "I don't mind being a prop, and will in fact get a chance to explain what effects her drinking has had, . . ." If your wife is the only one with the drinking problem then I would suggest you try to support her in every way possible. Her sobriety is a gift to you and your family, as well as herself. A family night sounds to me like an innocent way of spending time together with other sober folks.