View Single Post
Old 05-19-2009, 06:48 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
cassandra2

I really want to caution you with subs and seeing the pysch doc....

My ex went into a suboxone program. The requirement was to attend group 3 times a week and see the pysch doc once a month. I thought that THIS WAS GREAT. He really was finally going to get the help he needs. I really thought his biggest problem was the fear of the w/d's. Sometimes the subs are portrayed as the MIRACLE pill.

ITS NOT. What has been said above is soooo true. The subs work for the w/d's but they can also be abused and or sold/traded for opiates.....

My ex DID NOT WORK the program. He went in and nodded and went along with it but he didnt accept it. Soon he saw the "value" of the subs and began doing the opiates again and keeping a couple of the subs on hand so that if he ran out of opiates he didnt have to get to deep into the withdrawals.

I just wanted to caution you with this. I really hope your bf gets into real recovery and begins to get healthy but so many times WE want it worse then they do and WE become blinded by the fact that we are dealing with a disease that is baffling and cunning in every respect.

As far as the pysch doc goes, he was one of those "hey how's it going? Good ok well here is your next months script...On your way now".

Not only that but I never got the FULL truth about his program. SO many times the story changed about when he was supposed to be there and how it worked and so on and so on.

Like I said this is what happened in my situation. Something different may happen for you but just go in with EYES WIDE OPEN.

Best of luck.....