View Single Post
Old 05-19-2009, 12:55 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Daisy09
Optimist

Originally Posted by anvilhead View Post
what if there really isn't an appointment next week?
what if there IS, but he doesn't go?
Well, fortunately I was there when they finally called him back and gave him an appointment, so at least I know that is true

what if he goes, and they deny him entry into the program?
That one's been troubling me, but it's a bridge I'll have to cross if I come to it...I told him to be sure not to play down anything, and to make it very clear to them that he has a lot to lose, including the worlds two most adorable little girls, so hopefully they'll take him - all my digits are crossed!

suboxene is designed to help addicts get thru w/d's and dependency upon their opiate of choice....however addicts use while ON subs all the time, so there are no guarantees....
w/d from subs are pretty wicked i hear, yet the "goal" is (or should be???) to get off all substances.......and to do so effectively requires a LOT more than taking a pill to get off a pill or another substance. requires a rigorous program of SOME sort - we don't just quit and everything is all fine and dandy.
When on the Subs before, he told me how great it felt to have no desire to use, like the world had been lifted from his shoulders, so I don't think (although I could always be wrong) that he'd use while on them. There hasn't (yet) been much lying involved, more just not telling me things, so I'm inclined, for now, to believe him. I'm hoping that the psychiatrist is not one of those "give 'em a prescription & forget 'em" kind of doctors I've heard about. He's not really good at sharing his feelings, so I think group work would be an obstacle to recovery for him, so again I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the program will involve regular meetings with the psychiatrist.

i know that doesn't sound too hopeful, but it's best to be realistic and factual when dealing with addiction. remember when he started getting the subs off the street and you thought maybe the worst was over???? the road to recovery can be rather bumpy and some get knocked right off the bus.......

you hang in there ok? this crap ain't for wussies!
I'll try and de-wussify myself as much as I can Right now I'm focusing on little good things every day to maintain. Two days ago, my 6 year old told me I was her "pretty angel Mommy" so that one's been keeping me going for a while now!

~Daisy