Old 05-17-2009, 11:17 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  
Horselover

Well I slept the night in my clothes because I was fairly certain we were running him to the hospital, but we made it. I actually read on Dr. Sears site that I could double dose the ibuprofin, which I tried and it worked. Right now fever is down and he's eating and drinking. I am hesitant on saying everything is okay because I did that yesterday and jinxed myself so to speak. Hopefully, his fever won't spike after the medicine wears down. That's been the cycle these past few days. He's fine for about 3 hours and then it goes back up. No school tomorrow and I'm calling the doctor in the morning.

Thanks for the prayers and concern. It means so much to know I can share this burden right now. Husband came down with this and so he'll be staying home tomorrow also. I have to work Tuesday through Thursday. We'll see how it goes.

At least he's been better for a few hours longer today. We have even had energy to play mom in a round of battleship (a favorite childhood game of mine) and we have watched Beethoven 1 and Beethoven 2. He's now rewatching the first one. Its pretty darn funny and that's got to be good for him.