Old 05-16-2009, 10:36 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Somebodyswife

Boy this has been an eye opener for me. I've been married for 28 years and although the discussion of divorce hasn't come up YET; I am not stupid either for I know deep down that we are headed there.

My AH makes good money but his health is going down fast so it won't be long until he won't be able to support us and his drinking habits. I was laid off in October of this year and I'm no spring chicken so finding a new job hasn't been easy and I'm still looking.

I have always worked during our marriage and have pulled my fair share of the load around the house. Well more so here lately. I have started a small saving account in my name only for that just in case situation, but it scares the hell out of me.

I swear if I ever get out of this mess I hope someone gives me a swift kick in the ass if I ever get involved with another DRUNK. I had rather live alone! Hell I'm alone anyway!

My friends are telling me to leave but where am I going to go? I want to be able to support myself and without a job that ain't going to happen. Back to mama.......oh NO! Love her to death BUT.